As the calls for action on climate change increase, renewable energy sources such as Solar PV will play a significant part in the move away from fossil fuels.
Recent advances in Solar PV technology mean that roof spaces can now generate up to 35% more energy than they did just 5 years ago. Many factors including:
- New cell technologies
- Reducing and eliminating gaps between cells
- Lower operating temperatures
- Better low light performance
- Half cut cells
- Improved use if bypass diodes
- Larger panels
- Panel sizes have risen on average from 1.6m2 to 1.85m2
- Bifacial panels
- Can produce an extra 10-15% yield, more in optimal conditions
- Higher inverter efficiency
- More precise MPPT systems
- Lower startup voltages
- Improved inverter reliability
Solar PV now often represents the most affordable solution to offset a building’s carbon footprint and reduce running costs for the owner or landlord. With the lowest maintenance costs of all renewable technologies and very few faults, Solar PV offers a secure investment.
Want to read the full presentation? Download the PDF document here.