Hexasteel Air is a skylight designed for the waterproofed roofs in order to carry out daily ventilation in the building. This product is available with manual or electrical activation.
Daily ventilation systems are designed to allow for natural ventilation, taking advantage of the flow of warm air to cool buildings without the need for mechanical intervention (e.g. fan systems). In addition, the Hexasteel Air allows ingress of natural light, saving on lighting energy costs. When called upon, the Hexasteel Air will open on the building’s rooftop, letting warm air’s own buoyancy carry it up and away out of the building, lowering the net temperature.
• A metallic upstand 30, 40 or 50 cm high, which can be equipped with an insulation board 15 mm (Uf = 2.5W/m2 K) or 30 mm (Uf = 1.5 W/m2 K).
The surface of the insulation can be bitumen or PVC coated for a direct weld with the waterprooﬁng membrane.
• An aluminium frame which protects the periphery of dome or PCA.
• An opening mechanism:
– Hexasteel Air Manual: a screw operated with the help of a crankshaft (250 mm stroke).
– Hexasteel Air Electric: with an electric drive 230V, 50Hz, 150W, 0.7A, 300 mm stroke (switch in option).
• Our standard:
– PCA 10 mm 4 skins
• In option:
– PCA 16 mm 7 skins
– Double dome in PMMA, polycarbonate or Hexachoc 1200J
– Insulated aluminium cover